Sunday, May 29, 2011

Barnes & Noble Nook

There are quite a few e-readers on the market, and I've only tried one, but it's so fun, I have to talk about it here. I have the original Barnes & Noble Nook and I've used it for almost two years now. It's the greyscale one, not the nook color, but if you're interested in a platform for just reading books, it's a great device. Decent contrast, lightweight, and it feels great in your hands. Your library is easy to manage online, you can lend books to other friends with nooks, and there's a free book offered every Friday!

Update: The Nook has been updated regularly over the years with some great features, but the Kindle has matched many of those feature for feature. I don't have any experience with the Kindle, but I would say long-term, I'm not sure I'd still endorse the Nook as the platform is in some question.

No comments: